When you think of health and wellbeing, there is just an endless list of topics you can connect with it or relate to some specific or more general subject. Breathing is one of the basic and very important topics that we should know more about. Our life is tied to it: from the first breath to the last expiration. In between is our life! And we should be more aware of how important proper it is for many aspects of our life, especially if we think about health, but also vitality and personal power.
I’ve been aware of this given phenomenon, proper breathing, for many years. I actually practice it through some exercises I’ve learned and I like it. They make me invigorated and they add to other exercises and training I do. Being aware of breathing creates some kind of power and personal strength, peace of mind. No, I am not aware of that simple knowledge all the time, but I know it is there and I can hold on to my breath when I really need its support.
Most of our energy comes from breathing. We know we can lose muscle mass but few realize the average person reaches peak respiratory function in their mid – 20’s. Then we begin to lose breathing capacity between 10-27% for every decade of life. Unless we do something to maintain or improve it, it will decline, and with it, our general health, life expectancy, and personal power.
Interesting facts connected with breathing:
- It is the key to sleeping well and waking up feeling rested.
- Oxygen is the ultimate natural anti-inflammatory element.
- Science has proven that cancer is anaerobic – it does not survive in high levels of oxygen.
- Shortness of breath and heart disease are directly linked – the heart goes into spasm when it is deprived of oxygen.
- Studies have shown that there is a high correlation between high blood pressure and poor breathing.
- Deep breathing may not be the proper way.
- Yoga breathing may hinder rather than aid proper breathing.
You can learn about breathing and how to improve it in any of our partner clinics that deal with physical rehabilitation and various medical rehabilitations. Some specialize in specific respiratory problems, but we are not talking about this at this moment.
What we want to stress is to bring your attention on Wellbe, who – as your partner or friend – can assure you that by raising your breathing awareness, you can add quality to your life. We would be happy if you, your friends or colleagues decide to do it with us.