St. Catherine hospital is internationally recognized for its achievements in the spine health field. When you reach out to them, you get complete service in a single place.
Their experts diagnose and treat different types of back pain with the latest and most modern methods available – with the sole mission to making your life better.
• June 2015: The International Certification Association (ICERTIAS)’s top-Quality medal (QUDAL – QUality meDAL)
• The best private hospital in Croatia
• Membership in the International ICERTIAS Customers’ Friend programme – “Because we care about our customers”
• November, 2015: Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia announced that the St. Catherine Hospital become “Scientific Center of Excellence for the Personalized Medicine in the Republic of Croatia”
• July 2016: “Super-brands organization” based in Great Britain (since 1995), has proclaimed St. Catherine one of the strongest and the most successful brands in that year
• “Croatia Superbrands 2016 Award”
• April, 2017: “Best Hospital Award” for the strong position at the national market and in international sector ratings, successful implementation of modern management technologies, staff excellence and an efficient marketing strategy.
• A major international medical tourism award for their efforts in attracting international patients to Croatia.
• “International specialist patient centre of the year” by medical travel publication the International Medical Travel Journal Medical Travel Awards 2017 at their annual awards ceremony, the IMTJ Medical Travel Awards 2017
• Mrs. Jadranka Primorac, M.Sc., Board Member of St. Catherine Specialty Hospital was honoured as a “Manager of the Year” by the Europe Business Assembly, Oxford, UK
• May 2017: selected as one of the top 10 European companies in the category of “The Award for Customer Focus” at the European Bussines Awards
• The status of the “National Champion for the Republic of Croatia in The European Business Awards”
• To add to its credibility, it’s worth pointing out that St. Catherine is the official hospital of the croatian soccer national team
Lift the Burden Off Your Spine
The unfavourable impact of modern lifestyle on our spinal health is indisputable. Prolonged sitting and lack of physical activity cause degenerative changes of the spine.
According to studies, 80% of people experience an episode of back pain at least once in their life. Most patients are healed quickly, but 10% of them continue to suffer from the chronic pain, i.e. persistent pain, which lasts over 12 weeks.
Causes of Spine Health Issues
It is only a matter of time when your sedentary lifestyle – with little to no physical activity – will take a toll on your spine. Different spine health issues have started to affect increasingly younger population.
Most common causes of chronic spine disorders are degenerative facet joint disease (i.e. osteoarthritis), sacroiliac joint problems, soft tissue and bone stenoses of the spinal canal, and instability and deformities of the spine.
Intervertebral Disk Degeneration
One of the most common conditions is intervertebral disk degeneration – where the disc ages due to different kinds of microtrauma and body injuries throughout life. This happens because the outer layer of the spinal disc weakens, making the spinal cord project into the spinal canal, which puts pressure on the nervous elements, especially on the nerve roots, causing intense pain.
When Should You Consider Surgical Treatment?
If the pain persists after 4-6 weeks of treatment with analgesics, or physical therapy, you need to do a neuroradiological diagnosis (MRI). In the case of a hernia of the intervertebral disk that affects the nerve root, surgical treatment should be considered. St. Catherine’s neurosurgical team is fully professionally educated and applies the best possible equipment available (operating microscope, tubular retractor system, and endoscopy).
St. Catherine hospital has a unique diagnosis programme for painful spine conditions. Individualized approach to each patient in the specialized outpatient facility involves a comprehensive diagnosis of acute and chronic pain of all segments of the spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral and coccyx).
If necessary, neuroradiological diagnostic procedures and/or minimally invasive diagnostic interventions are immediately scheduled. The surgical team performs minimally invasive procedures and surgical procedures on the spine.
One-Day Therapeutic Interventions
At St. Catherine’s, you can reveal the causes of pain with a simple, minimally invasive procedure. Once your physician detects what you’re dealing with, you undergo a one-day therapeutic intervention, regardless of where the pain is coming from (cervical, thoracic, lumbar or sacral spine or radicular pain of all regions).
These minimally invasive procedures are performed under local anesthesia. Interventions are conducted in modernly-equipped operating room, using Philips Veradius digital X-ray mobile device with flat detector and an image with higher resolution and better contrast compared to older models. The dose of radiation with this device is reduced 2-3 times and it is the first device of this type in the region.
After surgery and a short stay in the daycare hospital, you are free to go – literally walking out by yourself.
One-Day Spine Surgery
At St. Catherine’s, you have an option to undergo surgery of all parts of the spine. They specially emphasize disc herniation surgery of the cervical and lumbar spine, minimally invasive stabilization and dynamic stabilization.
Spine Procedures Conducted at St. Catherine Specialty Hospital
• Minimally invasive vertebral intervention (MEVI)
• Laser Disc Decompression
• Endoscopic operations of the spine
• Laminectomy Surgery
• Laminectomy Surgery and Deformity Coorrections
• Posterior Inntervetebral Lumbar Spinal Surgery
• Intersinous Implant Placement Surgery
• Lumbar Discetomy and Laminoforaminotomy
St. Catherine Specialty Hospital operates in two locations:
Either way, you’ll be less than an hour away from the airport, which is only a two-hour flight away from almost any airport in Europe.
Besides that, you will be able to take your time off therapy to visit Zagreb, Croatia’s cultural, economic and business focal point and explore all its shopping, fun and leisure options.
If you prefer to spend your time in peace and quiet, you can consider different health toursim and agrotoursim sites, or simply savour the natural beauties of the surrounding area.
Single use or shared rooms are available after surgical treatment. Five beds are available for one-day surgery and four beds standardized and equipped for 24-hour intensive care and monitoring.
*NOTE The above prices include 5 days of physical therapy, but do not include accommodation.
**NOTE For other treatments priciing, reach out to us via our contact form.