The hospital is internationally recognized for its achievements, innovation, and leadership in the field of orthopaedics, while staying committed to long-term customer satisfaction.
The hospital staff makes individual therapeutic approach to each patient their top priority, ensuring that their hip replacement, knee replacement or any other form of orthopaedic surgery is as comfortable as possible.
• June 2015: The International Certification Association (ICERTIAS)’s top-Quality medal (QUDAL – QUality meDAL)
• The best private hospital in Croatia
• Membership in the International ICERTIAS Customers’ Friend programme – “Because we care about our customers”
• November, 2015: Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia announced that the St. Catherine Hospital become “Scientific Center of Excellence for the Personalized Medicine in the Republic of Croatia”
• July 2016: “Super-brands organization” based in Great Britain (since 1995), has proclaimed St. Catherine one of the strongest and the most successful brands in that year
• “Croatia Superbrands 2016 Award”
• April, 2017: “Best Hospital Award” for the strong position at the national market and in international sector ratings, successful implementation of modern management technologies, staff excellence and an efficient marketing strategy.
• A major international medical tourism award for their efforts in attracting international patients to Croatia.
• “International specialist patient centre of the year” by medical travel publication the International Medical Travel Journal Medical Travel Awards 2017 at their annual awards ceremony, the IMTJ Medical Travel Awards 2017
• Mrs. Jadranka Primorac, M.Sc., Board Member of St. Catherine Specialty Hospital was honoured as a “Manager of the Year” by the Europe Business Assembly, Oxford, UK
• May 2017: selected as one of the top 10 European companies in the category of “The Award for Customer Focus” at the European Bussines Awards
• The status of the “National Champion for the Republic of Croatia in The European Business Awards”
• To add to its credibility, it’s worth pointing out that St. Catherine is the official hospital of the croatian soccer national team
Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
St. Catherine’s orthopedic surgeons are recognized – in Croatia and internationally – for their technical excellence and innovative approach to treating orthopaedic conditions of varying complexity levels. They successfully address and treat all bone, joint, ligament, tendon and muscle disorders.
They specialize in some of the most advanced surgical orthopaedic procedures, from arthroscopy – the newest minimally invasive technique – to complete joint replacement. Their expertise and vast experience result in fewer complications and faster recovery.
Expertise in All Areas of Orthopaedics
Maller Finger Correction
Frozen Shoulder Syndrome
Open Shoulder Surgery
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
Total Knee Replacement
Joint Hip Arthroscopy
Total Hip Replacement
Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
Regenerative Orthopaedics and Tissue Engineering
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Latest Techniques & Leading-Edge Technology
Through collaboration with scientists around the world, St. Catherine’s orthopedic surgeons develop new treatment techniques that increase healing and rehabilitation processes. They do so by using advanced technologies in all treatment phases – from diagnosis to recovery.
Surgical Treatment of Osteogenesis Imperfecta
St. Catherine’s orthopedic team has over 25 years of experience in treating patients with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI), or brittle bone disease. They currently perform more procedures than any other orthopaedic facility in the region. Surgical treatment of fractures and deformities of lower extremity long bones is crucial for successful lifelong condition management. Along with a whole range of orthopedic procedures, the team uses third generation of telescoping.
Stem Cell Therapy: Lipogems Treatment
When facing different orthopaedic disorders, people often look for ways to avoid invasive surgery, turning to minimally invasive procedures. One such procedure is the Lipogems procedure, which uses cutting-edge technology that gently processes the body’s own fat tissue which is injected into the body to help support tissue healing and repair of the affected area.
Our body tissue constantly repairs itself. Fat tissue has been widely studied since World War II and is known to have an innate healing potential. Lipogems treatment is a procedure developed to optimize the use of fat and support our bodies’ natural healing process.
The Lipogems Procedure: Innovative, Convenient & Quick
• First your physician makes a tiny puncture through your skin to take a small section of fat from either your midsection or “love handles.”
• Then the sample is processed in a special Lipogems device using sterile saline solution.
• This gentle process is called micro-fragmentation, and is used to washed, rinsed, and resize the extracted fat tissue into smaller clusters while maintaining its natural beneficial properties.
• Impurities in your fat such as blood, cell debris, and oils are removed, leaving concentrated fat.
• Using a small needle, your physician injects the micro-fragmented tissue into the treatment area.
Due to the simplicity of the procedure, it will require only local anesthesia, lasting no more than an hour, with minimal recovery time.
Are You A Candidate for Lipogems?
• Do you suffer from an injury or ailment that limits your normal daily functioning or physical activity?
• Are your joints (knees, ankles or shoulders) painful, with limited range of motion?
• Do you have a soft tissue defect in your tendons, ligaments, and/or muscles?
• Have you tried different treatment options, such as physical therapy, NSAIDS, or steroid injections, but have not had significant relief?
Lipogems was awarded Best New Technology in Sports Medicine in 2016 by Top Sports Medicine Physicians from leading institutions in the United States.
Cartilage Defect Treatment with Mesenchymal Stem Cells
The Lipogems® technology, patented in 2010 and clinically available since 2013, represent a new completely closed tool to harvest, wash, process, and reinject human (or animal) lipoaspirates.
The surgical procedure consists of two steps:
1. The infiltration step: adrenalin, in a saline solution, and very diluted lidocaine are injected to induce vasoconstriction and local anesthesia, facilitating the subsequent lipoaspiration
2. The aspiration step: a standard liposuction technique.
The Lipogems® technology is characterized by optimal handling ability and a great regenerative potential based on adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC).
Larger Cartilage Defects Treatment in The Knee Joints
It is a therapy that uses a cell-free collagen type I matrix (cares-1s). Indications for application of CaReS-1S are:
• Focal, full-layer cartilage defects (ICRS classification 3 and 4)
• Defects with or without the involvement of subchondral bone
• Defect size up to 8 cm2
• Patient age: 18-60 years
• BMI < 35
• Osteochondritis dissecans
St. Catherine Specialty Hospital operates in two locations:
Surgeries and the first 5 days of physical therapy are performed in their Zabok facility, 60 km and 50 minutes car-ride away from the Zagreb airport Screenings and extended physical therapy are conducted in our Zagreb facility, only 15 km and 20 minutes car-ride away from the airport.
Either way, you’ll be less than an hour away from the airport, which is only a two-hour flight away from almost any airport in Europe.
Besides that, you will be able to take your time off therapy to visit Zagreb, Croatia’s cultural, economic and business focal point and explore all its shopping, fun and leisure options.
If you prefer to spend your time in peace and quiet, you can consider different health toursim and agrotoursim sites, or simply savour the natural beauties of the surrounding area.
Single use or shared rooms are available after surgical treatment. Five beds are available for one-day surgery and four beds standardized and equipped for 24-hour intensive care and monitoring.
*NOTE The above prices include 5 days of physical therapy, but do not include accommodation.
**NOTE For other treatments pricing, reach out to us via our contact form.